The Heritage Firm provides experienced, professional and personalized matrimonial and family law services to meet each client's individual needs, including divorce, paternity, child support, timesharing, equitable distribution and alimony. The firm can also assist with your estate planning needs. Call The Heritage Firm today at (954) 903-1843 to schedule your consultation. Consultations by appointment only.
Ava-Gaye M. Hue, Esq.
Attorney Ava-Gaye M. Hue earned both her undergraduate and juris doctorate degrees at the University of Florida. A former assistant public defender and civil litigator, Ms. Hue has tried cases in various jurisdictions across the State of Florida. Ms. Hue is experienced in family law, estate planning, criminal law and real estate law. She has served as co-chair of the Broward County Bar Association's Family Law Section, is a member of the T.J. Reddick Bar Association and was appointed by Florida Supreme Court Chief Justice Muñiz to the Mediator Qualifications and Discipline Review Board in 2023.
· Florida Supreme Court Mediator Qualifications and Discipline Review Board Appointee, 2023
· TJ Reddick Bar Association Board Member, 2023-2024
· BSO Social Justice Taskforce Member, 2020-2022
· Jamaica Diaspora Taskforce Action Network, Legal Taskforce Member, 2020-present
· Special Magistrate, City of Tamarac, 2019-2020
· Women of Color Empowerment Conference Committee Member, 2018, 2019, 2023
· The Florida Bar, Member, Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee, 2016-2019
· Broward County Bar Association, Member, Co-Chair, Family Law Section, Raising the Bar, 2016-2018
· PACE Center for Girls, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Event Planning Committee Member, 2018, 2019, 2020
· Jamaica Diaspora Taskforce Action Network, Virtual Family Law Forum, 2020
· Youth Ambassador Program, Women of Color Empowerment Conference powered by Microsoft, 2019
· Guest Speaker, Flanagan High School, 2018
· Moderator, Sex Trafficking Panel, Broward County Bench and Bar Convention, 2017
· Moderator, Florida Bar’s Voluntary Bar Association Conference Minority Programming Panel, 2017
· Speaker, UF Association of Black Alumni-South Florida Chapter’s Second Annual Destination ABA Seminar, April 2016
· Presenter, Nova Southeastern University law student interns, Broward County Courthouse, 2015 & 2016
· Guest Speaker, Nova Southeastern University Black Law Students Association, October 2015
· “Networking, Resume Building and Interviewing Skills” CLE Panelist, TJ Reddick Bar Association, November 2015